- Volume 25 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Exploring a Teaching Method of Limits of Functions with Embodied Visualization of CAS Graphing Calculators
CAS 그래핑 계산기의 임베디드 시각화를 통한 함수의 극한 지도 방안 탐색
- Cho, Cheong-Soo (Department of Mathematics Education, Yeungnam University)
- 조정수 (영남대학교)
- Received : 2011.01.01
- Accepted : 2011.01.27
- Published : 2011.02.15
The purpose of this study is to explore a teaching method of limits of functions with more intuitive and visual of CAS graphing calculators rather than with the rigorous
본 연구는 미적분학의 입실론-텔타(
Supported by : 영남대학교
- 윌리엄 던햄 (2004). 수학의 천재들(조정수 번역.). 서울: 경문사. (원본출판 1990)
- Artigue, M. (1991). Analysis. In D. Tall(Ed.), Advanced mathematical thinking(pp. 167-198). Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Cornu. B. (1991). Limits. In D. Tall(Ed.), Advanced mathematical thinking(pp. 153-166). Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Cottrill, J., Dubinsky, E., Nichols, D., Schwingendorf, K., Thomas, K., & Vidakovic, D. (1996). Understanding the limit concept: Beginning with a coordinated process scheme. Journal of Mathematical Behavior, 15, 167-192. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0732-3123(96)90015-2
- Dubinsky, Ed., Weller, K., Mcdonale, M. A., & Brown, A. (2005). Some historical issues and paradoxes regarding the concept of infinity: An APOS-based analysis: Part 1. Educational Studies in Mathematics, 58, 335-359. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10649-005-2531-z
- Lakoff, G., & Nunez, R. E. (2000). Where mathematics comes from: How the embodied mind brings mathematics into being. New York: Basic Books.
- Monaghan, J. D. (1986). Adolescents' understanding of limits and infinity. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Warwick University, U.K.
- Pinto, M. M. F. (1998). Students' understanding of real analysis. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Warwick University, U.K.
- Smith D. A., & Moore, L. C. (1996). Calculus: Modeling and application. Boston: Houghton Mifflin.
- Tall, D. (1980). Mathematical intuition, with special reference to limiting processes. Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference for the Psychology of Mathematics Education, 170-176.
- Tall, D. (1993). Real mathematics, rational computers and complex people. Proceedings of the fifth annual International Conference on Technology in College Mathematics Teaching(pp. 243-258). Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley.
- Tall, D. (2001). Cognitive development in advanced mathematics using technology. Mathematics Education Research Journal, 12, 196-218.
- Tall, D. (2002). Natural and formal infinities. Educational Studies in Mathematics, 48, 199-238.
- Tall, D., Smith, D., & Piez, C. (2008). Technology and calculus. In M. K. Heid & G. W. Blume(Eds.), Research on technology and the teaching and learning of mathematics: Volume 1(pp. 207-258). Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
- Tall, D., & Vinner, S. (1981). Concept image and concept definition in mathematics with particular reference to limits and continuity. Educational Studies in Mathematics, 12, 151-169. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00305619
- Vinner, S. (1991). The role of definitions in the teaching and learning mathematics. In D. Tall(Eds.), Advanced mathematical thinking(pp. 65-81). Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Williams, S. (1991). Models of limit held by college calculus students. Journal for Research in Mathematics Education, 22, 219-236. https://doi.org/10.2307/749075
- Wood, N. G. (1992). Mathematical analysis: A comparison of students development and historical development. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Cambridge University, U.K.