We would like to thank an Associate Editor and anonymous referees for many useful comments and suggestions.
- Andersen TG, Bollerslev T, Diebold FX, and Labys P (2003). Modeling and forecasting realized volatility. Econometrica, 71, 579-625. https://doi.org/10.1111/1468-0262.00418
- Baek CR, Davis RA, and Pipiras V (2018). Periodic dynamic factor models: estimation approaches and applications. Electronic Journal of Statistics, 12, 4377-4411. https://doi.org/10.1214/18-ejs1518
- Baek CR and Park MS (2020). Sparse vector heterogeneous autoregressive modeling for realized volatility. Journal of the Korean Statistical Society, 50, 1-16.
- Breheny P and Huang J (2011). Coordinate descent algorithms for nonconvex penalized regression with applications to biological feature selection. The Annals of Applied Statistics, 5, 232. https://doi.org/10.1214/10-AOAS388
- Chen J and Chen Z (2008). Extended Bayesian information criteria for model selection with large model spaces. Biometrika, 95, 759-771. https://doi.org/10.1093/biomet/asn034
- Corsi F (2009). A simple approximate long-memory model of realized volatility. Journal of Financial Econometrics, 7, 174-196. https://doi.org/10.1093/jjfinec/nbp001
- Davis RA, Zang PF, and Zheng T (2016). Sparse vector autoregressive modeling. Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, 25, 1077-1096. https://doi.org/10.1080/10618600.2015.1092978
- Fan Jianqing and Li Runze (2001). Variable selection via nonconcave penalized likelihood and its oracle properties. Journal of the American statistical Association, 96, 1348-1360. https://doi.org/10.1198/016214501753382273
- Kim DW and Baek CR (2020). Factor-augmented HAR model improves realized volatility forecasting. Applied Economics Letters, 27, 1002-1009. https://doi.org/10.1080/13504851.2019.1657554
- Lutkepohl H (2005). New Introduction to Multiple Time Series Analysis, Springer Science & Business Media, Springer, New York.
- Zhang CH (2010). Nearly unbiased variable selection under minimax concave penalty. The Annals of Statistics, 38, 894-942. https://doi.org/10.1214/09-AOS729
- Zhu X (2020). Nonconcave penalized estimation in sparse vector autoregression model. Electronic Journal of Statistics, 14, 1413-1448.
- Zou H (2006). The adaptive lasso and its oracle properties. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 101, 1418-1429. https://doi.org/10.1198/016214506000000735