This study was supported by the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) grant founded by the Ministry of Science and ICT (NRF-2020R1G1A1009155). The Department of Dentistry (Pediatric dentistry) was supported through the Research-Focused Department Promotion Project as a part of the University Innovation Support Program for Dankook University in 2021.
- Yu OY, Mei ML, Chu CH, et al. : Remineralisation of enamel with silver diamine fluoride and sodium fluoride. Dent Mater, 34:344-352, 2018.
- Horst JA, Ellenikiotis H, Milgrom PL : UCSF Protocol for Caries Arrest Using Silver Diamine Fluoride: Rationale, Indications and Consent. J Calif Dent Assoc, 44:16-28, 2016.
- Zhi QH, Lo EC, Kwok AC : An in vitro study of silver and fluoride ions on remineralization of demineralized enamel and dentine. Aust Dent J, 58:50-56, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1111/adj.12033
- Mei ML, Lo ECM, Chu CH : Arresting Dentine Caries with Silver Diamine Fluoride: What's Behind It? J Dent Res, 97:751-758, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1177/0022034518774783
- Stoodley P, Wefel J, von Ohle C, et al. : Biofilm plaque and hydrodynamic effects on mass transfer, fluoride delivery and caries. J Am Dent Assoc, 139:1182-1190, 2008. https://doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.2008.0333
- Liu BY, Lo EC, Li CM : Effect of silver and fluoride ions on enamel demineralization: a quantitative study using microcomputed tomography. Aust Dent J, 57:65-70, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1834-7819.2011.01641.x
- Nguyen V, Neill C, Felsenfeld J, Primus CJH : Potassium iodide. The solution to silver diamine fluoride discoloration? Adv Dent Oral Health, 5:555655, 2017.
- Roberts A, Bradley J, Sharma D, et al. : Does potassium iodide application following silver diamine fluoride reduce staining of tooth? A systematic review. Aust Dent J, 65:109- 117, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1111/adj.12743
- Godoi FA, Carlos NR, Turssi CP, et al. : Remineralizing effect of commercial fluoride varnishes on artificial enamel lesions. Braz Oral Res, 33:044, 2019.
- Gao SS, Zhao IS, Chu CH, et al. : Revitalising Silver Nitrate for Caries Management. Int J Environ Res Public Health, 15:80, 2018. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph15010080
- Ogard B, Seppa L, Rolla G : Professional topical fluoride applications-clinical efficacy and mechanism of action. Adv Dent Res, 8:190-201, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1177/08959374940080021001
- Al Dehailan L, Martinez-Mier EA, Lippert F : The effect of fluoride varnishes on caries lesions: an in vitro investigation. Clin Oral Investig, 20:1655-1662, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00784-015-1648-4
- Knight GM, McIntyre JM, Gully NJ, et al. : An in vitro model to measure the effect of a silver fluoride and potassium iodide treatment on the permeability of demineralized dentine to Streptococcus mutans. Aust Dent J, 50:242-245, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1834-7819.2005.tb00367.x
- Knight GM, McIntyre JM, Gully NJ, et al. : Inability to form a biofilm of Streptococcus mutans on silver fluoride- and potassium iodide-treated demineralized dentin. Quintessence Int, 40:155-161, 2009.
- Sorkhdini P, Gregory RL, Lippert F, et al. : Effectiveness of in vitro primary coronal caries prevention with silver diamine fluoride - Chemical vs biofilm models. J Dent, 99:103418, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdent.2020.103418
- Sorkhdini P, Crystal YO, Tang Q, Lippert F : The effect of silver diamine fluoride in preventing in vitro primary coronal caries under pH-cycling conditions. Arch Oral Biol, 121: 104950, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.archoralbio.2020.104950
- Zhao IS, Mei ML, Chu CH, et al. : Effect of Silver Diamine Fluoride and Potassium Iodide Treatment on Secondary Caries Prevention and Tooth Discolouration in Cervical Glass Ionomer Cement Restoration. Int J Mol Sci, 18:340- 351, 2017. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms18020340
- Mei ML, Ito L, Chu CH, et al. : Inhibitory effect of silver diamine fluoride on dentine demineralisation and collagen degradation. J Dent, 41:809-817, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdent.2013.06.009
- Kim S, Lee S, Lee N, Jih M : Effect of silver diamine fluoride and sodium fluoride varnish on remineralization in artificially induced enamel caries: An in vitro study. J Korean Acad Pediatr Dent, 47:266-276, 2020.
- Korean academy of conservative dentistry, Operative dentistry, 3rd ed. Yenang, Seoul, 13-14, 2010.
- Kim MR, Lee NY, Lee SH, et al. : Comparison of the remineralization effect of newly-developed fluoride agents according to the depth of early carious lesions. Oral Biol Research, 44:93-101, 2020. https://doi.org/10.21851/obr.44.03.202009.93