The authors are indebted to SODAMCO WEBER for providing the cementitious grout, for Spajic for providing the steel fibers and for Ocean Rubber Factory for providing the steel laminated elastomeric bearing pads. They also would like to acknowledge the contributions of Miroslav Tepacevic from Al-Meraikhi precast in this research.
- AASHTO (2017), American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, LRFD Bridge Design Specifications 8th Edition, Washington, USA.
- AASHTO (2017a), American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, LRFD Bridge Construction Specifications, 4th Edition, Washington, USA.
- Abohadima, S., Taha, M. and Abdeen, M.A.M. (2015), "General analysis of Timoshenko beams on elastic foundation", Math. Prob. Eng., 2015, Article ID 182523. http://doi.org/10.1155/2015/182523.
- Akhazhanov, S., Omarbekova, N., Mergenbekova, A., Zhunussova, G. and Abdykeshova, D. (2020), "Analytical solution of beams on elastic foundation", GEOMATE J., 19(73), 193-200. https://doi.org/10.21660/2020.73.51487.
- Al Osta, M.A. (2018), "Exploitation of ultrahigh-performance fibre-reinforced concrete for the strengthening of concrete structural members", Adv. Civil Eng., 2018, Article ID 8678124. https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/8678124.
- British Standards Institution (2004), BS EN 10204:2004, British Standards, Metallic Products: Types of Inspection Documents United Kingdom.
- British Standards Institution (2005), BS EN 1337-3:2005, British Standards, Structural Bearings, Elastomeric Bearings, United Kingdom.
- Gergess, A. and Zahia-Douaihy, E. (2020), "Effects of elastomeric bearing stiffness on the structural behavior of bonded link-slabs", Transp. Res. Record, 2674(4), 428-443. https://doi.org/10.1177/0361198120911046.
- Gergess, A.N., Shaikh Al Shabab, M. and Massouh, R. (2020), "Repair of severely damaged RC beams with high strength cementitious grout", Transp. Res. Record, 2674(6), 372-384. https://doi.org/10.1177/0361198120919116.
- Girija-Vallabhan, C.V. and Das, Y.C. (1988), "Parametric study of beams on elastic foundations", J. Eng. Mech., 114(12), 2072-2083. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(1988)114:12(2072).
- Graybeal, B. (2018), Properties and Behavior of UHPC-Class Materials, No. FHWAHRT-18-036, Federal Highway Administration, Office of Infrastructure Research and Development, Washington, D.C.
- Hetenyi, M. (1946), Beams on Elastic Foundations: Theory with Applications in the Fields of Civil and Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA.
- Luo, W., Yong, X. and Xiao-Qing, Z. (2018), "A general closed-form solution to a Timoshenko beam on elastic foundation under moving harmonics line load", Struct. Eng. Mech., 66(3), 387-397. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2018.66.3.387.
- Morteza, A. and Reza, A. (2013), "Inspection, condition evaluation and replacement of elastomeric bearings in road bridges", Struct. Infrastr. Eng., 9(9), 918-934. https://doi.org/10.1080/15732479.2011.638171.
- Safdar, M., Matsumoto, T. and Kakuma, K. (2016), "Flexural behavior of reinforced concrete beams repaired with ultra-high performance fiber reinforced concrete", Sci. Direct, 157, 448-460. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2016.09.010.
- Shokrieh, M. and Heidari-Rarani, M. (2011), "A comparative study for beams on elastic foundation models to analysis of mode-I delamination in DCB specimens", Struct. Eng. Mech., 3(2), 149-162. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2011.37.2.149.
- Young, W., Budynas, R. and Sadegh, A. (2012), Roark's Formulas for Stress and Strain, 8th Edition, The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc., USA.