The research described in this paper was financially supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China [51778150, 51808133], Natural Science Foundation of Guangdong Province in China [2016A030313699], Science and Technology Planning Project of Guangzhou city in China , and Special Founds for the Cultivation of Guangdong College Students' Scientific and Technological Innovation [pdjh2020b0179]. The authors gratefully acknowledge the helpful advice given by Prof. A.K.H. Kwan at The University of Hong Kong on the idea of "match-casting-free".
- AASHTO (2003), Guide Specifications for Design and Construction of Segmental Concrete Bridges: 2003 interim revisions, 2nd Edition, AASHTO, Washington, DC.
- ACI (American Concrete Institute) (2014), Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete, ACI 318-14, Farmington Hills, MI.
- Alcalde, M., Cifuentes, H. and Medina, F. (2013), "Influence of the number of keys on shear strength of post-tensioned dry joints", Mater. Constr., 63(310), 297-307. https://doi.org/10.3989/mc.2013.07611.
- Bu, Z. and Wu, W. (2018), "Inter shear transfer of unbonded prestressing precast segmental bridge column dry joints", Eng. Struct., 154(1), 52-65. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2017.10.048.
- Federation Internationale du Beton (fib) (2010), Model Code 2010-First Complete Draft, Vol. 1, Technical Report, Bulletin 55, Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Hussein, H.H., Sargand, S.M., Rikabi, F.T. and Steinberg, E.P. (2017), "Laboratory evaluation of ultrahigh-performance concrete shear key for prestressed adjacent precast Concrete box girder bridges", J. Bridge Eng., 22(2), 04016113. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)BE.1943-5592.0000987.
- Jang, H.O., Lee, H.S., Cho, K. and Kim, J. (2017), "Experimental study on shear performance of plain construction joints integrated with ultra-high performance concrete (UHPC)", Constr. Build. Mater., 152, 16-23. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2017.06.156.
- Jiang, H., Chen, L., Ma, Z.J. and Feng, W. (2015), "Shear behavior of dry joints with castellated keys in precast concrete segmental bridges", J. Bridge Eng., 20(2), 04014062. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)BE.1943-5592.0000649.
- Jiang, H., Chen, Y., Liu, A., Wang, T. and Fang, Z. (2016a), "Effect of high-strength concrete on shear behavior of dry joints in precast concrete segmental bridges", Steel Compos. Struct., 22(5), 1019-1038. https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2016.22.5.1019.
- Jiang, H., Feng, J., Liu, A., Liang, W., Tan, Y. and Liang, H. (2019), "Effect of specimen thickness and coarse aggregate size on shear strength of single-keyed dry joints in precast concrete segmental bridges", Struct. Concrete, 20(3), 955-970. https://doi.org/10.1002/suco.201800054.
- Jiang, H., Wei, R., Ma, Z.J., Li, Y. and Jing, Y. (2016b), "Shear strength of steel fiber-reinforced concrete dry joints in precast segmental bridges", J. Bridge Eng., 21(11), 04016085. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)BE.1943-5592.0000968.
- Kaneko, Y., Connor, J.J., Triantafillou, T.C. and Leung, C.K. (1993), "Fracture mechanics approach for failure of concrete shear key. I: Theory", J. Eng. Mech., 119(4), 681-700. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(1993)119:4(681).
- Kim, H.S., Chin, W.J., Cho, J.R., Kim, Y.J. and Yoon, H. (2015), "An experimental study on the behavior of shear keys according to the curing time of UHPC", Eng., 7, 212-218. http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/eng.2015.74017.
- Lee, C.H., Chin, W.J., Choi, E.S. and Kim, Y.J. (2011), "An experimental study on the joints in ultra high performance precast concrete segmental bridges", J. Korea Concrete Inst., 23(2), 235-244. (in Korean) https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2011.23.2.235.
- Liu, T., Wang, Z., Guo, J. and Wang, J. (2019), "Shear strength of dry joints in precast UHPC segmental bridges: experimental and theoretical research", J. Bridge Eng., 24(1), 04018100. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)BE.1943-5592.0001323.
- Shamass, R., Zhou, X. and Alfano, G. (2015), "Finite-element analysis of shear-off failure of keyed dry joints in precast concrete segmental bridges", J. Bridge Eng., 20(6), 04014084. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)BE.1943-5592.0000669.
- Turmo, J., Ramos, G. and Aparicio, A.C. (2006), "Shear strength of dry joints of concrete panels with and without steel fibres-Application to precast segmental bridges", Eng. Struct., 28(1), 23-33. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2005.07.001.
- Turmo, J., Ramos, G. and Aparicio, A.C. (2012), "Towards a model of dry shear keyed joints: modelling of panel tests", Comput. Concrete, 10(5), 469-487. https://doi.org/10.12989/cac.2012.10.5.469.
- Voo, Y., Foster, S. and Voo, C.C. (2015), "Ultrahigh-performance concrete segmental bridge technology: toward sustainable bridge construction", J. Bridge Eng., B5014001. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)BE.1943-5592.0000704.
- Wang, M., Zhang, Y.T. and Tian, W. (2014), "The key technology of short-line matching method in precast segment assembling of externally prestressed concrete bridges", Adv. Mater. Res., 7, 1065-1069. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.1065-1069.912.
- Williams, C.S., Massey, J.B., Bayrak, O. and Jirsa, J.O. (2017), "Investigation of interface shear transfer using push-through tests", ACI Struct. J., 114(1), 173-185. https://doi.org/10.14359/51689162.
- Zhou, X., Mickleborough, N. and Li, Z. (2005), "Shear strength of joints in precast concrete segmental bridges", ACI Struct. J., 102(1), 3-11.