- Volume 30 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
History of the Research on Statistics Education, and Statistics Education in Korea
통계교육 연구의 역사와 한국의 통계교육
- Tak, Byungjoo (Dept. of Math. Edu., Gyeongin National Univ. of Edu.) ;
- Lee, Kyeong-Hwa (Dept. of Math. Edu., Seoul National Univ.)
- Received : 2017.07.31
- Accepted : 2017.09.21
- Published : 2017.10.31
Statistics was not recognized until the early 20th century as an independent science, and statistical education research came to an international milestone in the late 1940s. The purpose of this study is to investigate the historical development of statistics education research, focusing on the activities of the International Statistical Institute (ISI) and the International Association for Statistical Education (IASE). Statistics education in Korea is considered with regard to the history of international research on statistics education in this study. It implies for the direction of statistical education research to domestic mathematics education researchers and statistical researchers related to statistical education research.
- C. BATANERO, G. BURRILL, C. READING (Eds.), Teaching Statistics in School Mathematics-Challenges for Teaching and Teacher Education, Dordrecht: Springer, 2011.
- D. BEN-ZVI, J. GARFIELD, Statistical literacy, reasoning, and thinking: Goals, definitions, and challenges in D. BEN-ZVI and J. GARFIELD (Eds.), The challenge of developing statistical literacy, reasoning and thinking, Dordrecht: Springer, 2004. (이경화 외 역, 통계적 사고의 의미와 교육, 서울 : 경문사, 2010, 3-17.)
- M. BOROVCNIK, R. KAPADIA, A historical and philosophical perspective on probability in E. J. CHERNOFF and B. SRIRAMAN (Eds.), Probabilistic Thinking, Dordrecht: Springer, 2014, 7-34.
- G. BRITZ et al, How to teach others to apply statistical thinking, Quality Progress 30(6) (1997), 67-79.
- CHUNG S. K. et al, Mathematics textbook for grade 7, Seoul: Kumsung, 2013. (정상권 외, 중학교 수학 1, 서울 : 금성출판사, 2013.)
- CHUNG S. T., Secondary mathematics 1, Seoul: Eulyoo, 1950. (정순택, 중등수학 1, 서울 : 을유문화사, 1950.)
- C. FRANKLIN et al, Guidelines for assessment and instruction in statistics education (GAISE) report, Alexandria: American Statistical Association, 2007.
- C. FRANKLIN et al, The statistical education of teachers, Alexandria: American Statistical Association, 2015.
- I. GAL, Adults' statistical literacy: Meanings, components, responsibilities, International Statistical Review 70(1) (2002), 1-25. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1751-5823.2002.tb00336.x
- D. G. HAACK, Teaching statistical literacy, Teaching Statistics 1(3) (1979), 74-76. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9639.1979.tb00741.x
- P. HOLMES, Editorial, Teaching Statistics 1(1) (1979), 1. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9639.1979.tb00727.x
- G. R. IVERSEN, Mathematics and statistics: An uneasy marriage in F. GORDON, S. GORDON (ed.), Statistics for the Twenty-First Century, Washington, D.C.: Mathematical Assocation of America, 1992, 37-44.
- F. JOLLIFFE, What is research in statistics education. In: Statistical Education-Expanding the Network. in Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Teaching of Statistics, 1998, 801-806.
- KANG H. Y. et al, Research on improvement of mathematics curriculum for activation of statistics education, Seoul: Korea Foundation for the Advancement of Society and Creativity, 2014. (강현영 외, 통계 교육 활성화를 위한 수학 교육과정 개선 방안 연구, 한국과학창의재단 연구보고 2014A039.)
- LEE E. H., KIM W. K., A comparative analysis on research trends of statistics education between Korea and overseas, The Mathematical Education 54(3) (2015), 241-259. (이은희, 김원경, 국내외 통계교육 연구동향 비교 분석, 수학교육 54(3) (2015), 241-259.) https://doi.org/10.7468/mathedu.2015.54.3.241
- LEE, K. H., A journey for statistics, statistics education, and statistics education research, Proceeding of the conference of the mathematics education 49 (2016), 41-56. (이경화, 통계, 통계교육, 그리고 통계교육연구로의 시간여행, 수학교육학논총 49 (2016), 41-56.)
- LEE, Y. H., SIM, H. J., A trend analysis on the educational research of the probability and statistics: Focused on papers published in the Journal of Korean Society of Mathematical Education, The Mathematical Education 42(2) (2003), 203-218. (이영하, 심효정, 확률.통계 연구에 대한 수학교육학적 고찰 : <수학교육> 에 게재된 논문을 중심으로, 수학교육 42(2) (2003), 203-218.
- Lee, Y. H., Tae, S. Y., Comparative study of mathematics and mathematics education as an academic field: Focusing on research method, Journal of Educational Research in Mathematics, 19(4) (2009), 493-511. (이영하, 태성이, 수학과 수학교육학의 학문학적 비교연구 : 연구방법을 중심으로, 수학교육학연구 19(4) (2009), 493-511.)
- G. M. LLOYD et al, Teachers' use of curriculum materials, An emerging field. in J. T. REMILLARD and B. A. HERBEL-EISENMANN (Eds.), Mathematics teachers at work: Connecting curriculum materials and classroom instruction, New York: Routledge, 2009, 3-14.
- K. MCCLAIN, et al. Understanding the role of the institutional context in the relationship between teachers and text, in J. T. REMILLARD and B. A. HERBEL-EISENMANN (Eds.), Mathematics teachers at work: Connecting curriculum materials and classroom instruction, New York: Routledge, 2009, 56-69.
- Ministry of Education, Mathematics Curriculum, Bulletin of MOE No. 2015-74 [Seperate Volume #8], 2015. (교육부, 수학과 교육과정, 교육부 고시 제2015-74호 [별책8], 2015.)
- D. S. MOORE, Teaching statistics as a respectable subject, in F. GORDON and S. GORDON (Eds.). Statistics for the twenty-first century, Washington, D.C.: Mathematical Assocation of America. 1992, 14-25.
- PARK K., A survey research of mathematics educators' and mathematicians' preference on journals. Journal of Educational Research in Mathematics 23(4) (2013), 423-448. (박경미, 수학교육학과 수학 연구자들의 학술지 선호 경향에 대한 조사 연구, 수학교육학연구 23(4) (2013), 423-448.)
- PARK S. Y., KIM W. K., A comparative analysis on research trends of secondary mathematics education between Korea and overseas, The Mathematical Education 50(3) (2011), 295-308. (박선영, 김원경, 국내외 수학교육 연구 동향 비교 분석, 수학교육 50(3) (2011), 295-308.)
- B. PHILLIPS, The IASE-Background, activities and future in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Teaching of Statistics, Cape Town, South Africa. 2002.
- S. A. RICE, Furtherance of statistical education, International Statistical Review 17(1) (1949), 1-34. https://doi.org/10.2307/1401122
- R. L. SCHEAFFER, Statistics and mathematics: On making a happy marriage, in G. F. BURRILL and P. C. ELLIOTT (Eds.). Thinking and reasoning with data and chance, Reston, VA: National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, 2006, 309-322.
- TAK B. et al, A study on the concept of sample by a historical analysis, School Mathematics 16(4) (2014), 727-743. (탁병주 외, 표본 개념에 대한 고찰 : 역사적 분석을 중심으로, 학교수학 16(4) (2014), 727-743.)
- TAK, B., LEE, K. H., An analysis of research trends on statistics education in Korea from 2000 to 2016, Journal of Educational Research in Mathematics 27(2) (2017), 269-289. (탁병주, 이경화, 우리나라 통계교육 연구의 동향 분석 : 2000년 이후 발행된 국내 통계교육 연구논문을 중심으로, 수학교육학연구 27(1) (2017), 269-289.)
- D. VERE-JONES, The coming of age of statistical education, International Statistical Review 63(1) (1995), 3-23. https://doi.org/10.2307/1403774
- C. J. WILD, M. PFANNKUCH, Statistical thinking in empirical enquiry, International Statistical Review 67(3) (1999) 223-248. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1751-5823.1999.tb00442.x
- WOO J. H., An exploration of the reform direction of teaching statistics, School Mathematics 2(1) (2000), 1-27. (우정호, 통계교육의 개선방향 탐색, 학교수학 2(1) (2000), 1-27.)
- S. S. ZARKOVICH, A reappraisal of the ISI statistical education programme, International Statistical Review 44(2) (1976), 289-295. https://doi.org/10.2307/1403289
- A. ZIEFFLER, et al, Publishing in SERJ an analysis of papers from 2002-2009, Statistics Education Research Journal 10(2) (2011), 5-26.