- Volume 27 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Kindergarten and Primary School Teachers' Perceptions about the Level Relevance of the 2009 Revised Mathematics Curriculum
2009 개정 수학과 교육과정에서 유치원과 초등학교의 수준 적합성에 대한 교사의 인식 및 요구 조사
- Kwon, Jeom Rae (Korea Institute for Curriculum and Evaluation)
- Received : 2014.05.02
- Accepted : 2014.06.15
- Published : 2014.06.30
In this study, the kindergarten teachers and elementary school teachers were surveyed to see the level relevance of the kindergarten and primary school curriculums. As a result, first, the kindergarten curriculum was generally appeared appropriate to the level of kindergarten students. However, in practice, a significant amount of the first grade curriculum were taught in the kindergarten. Second, the variation of mathematical abilities among the begining students was very large, and this variation also affected the students' achievements. Third, both kindergarten teachers and elementary school teachers wished for adjustments of the level of mathematics curriculum.
- Baek K. et al, A study on improvement of level relevance for curriculum of korea language arts and mathematics in elementary school lower grades, Korea Institute for Curriculum and Evaluation Research Report RRC 2012-3, 2012.
- Choo J. Y., A Study on the Connections between the Mathematical Exploratory Areas at Kindergarten and the First Grade Math Curriculum at Elementary School. The graduate school of education, Chuncheon National University of Education, 2006.
- Han M. R., Lee M. K., A study on the connections of mathematics curriculum: Focused on the kindergarten and first grade in elementary school, Educational theory and practice 11(2) (2001), 249-271.
- Huh N., Moon H., A Comparative Analysis of Nuri Curriculum and the 2009 Mathematics Curricula Standards, Korea Journal of Child Care and Education 82 (2013), 1-19.
- Hwang H. et al, A study on 2009 revised mathematics curriculum, Korea Foundation for the Advancement of Science and Creativity research report, 2011.
- Kim C. B., A Study of Continuity between Kindergarten and Elementary lst Grade for the Activity-centered Mathematics Learning, The journal of Korea Open Association for Early childhood Education 5(2) (2000), 103-127.
- Kim C. B., A Comparative Analysis between the Mathematics Curricula of Kindergarten and Elementary School and A Plan for Connecting the Two Curricula, Education of primary school mathematics 5(1) (2001), 41-55.
- Kim C. B., A Plan for Connecting the Mathematics Education between Kindergarten and Elementary Lower Grades, The journal of Korea Open Association for Early childhood Education 9(4) (2004), 317-337.
- Lee H. E., The Review and Suggestions on the Development of Assessing Tools Based on Continuity of Mathematical Curriculum between Kindergarten and Elementary School, The journal of Korea Open Association for Early childhood Education 11(1) (2006), 267-291.
- Lee H. E., Choi H. J., Comparison of Teachers' Awareness on the Mathematics Education for Connecting Between the Kindergarten and the Elementary school. The journal of Korea Open Association for Early childhood Education 10(2) (2005), 103-129.
- Lee H. M., Basic principles of curriculum and instruction. Seoul, 1998.
- Lee S., The curricular relationship between the first grade and the kindergarten, The Journal of Curriculum Studies 28(2) (2010), 59-90. https://doi.org/10.15708/kscs.28.2.201006.003
- Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (2011a). Mathematics Curriculum, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology report 2011 361.
- Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (2011b). Kindergarten Curriculum, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology report 2011 30.
- Park S., Baek K., A study on the basic skills prescription of loran language and mathematics in primary school entrants' orientation program, The Journal of Elementary Education 26(1) (2013), 45-68.
- R. E. Reys et al, Helping children learn mathematics(9th). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, 2009. 박성선 외, 초등교사를 위한 수학과 교수법, 서울 : 경문사, 2012.