- Volume 6 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Topology Based-Routing Protocols in Wireless Network
- Sharma, Vikas (Department of Computer Science, Himachal Pradesh University) ;
- Ganpati, Anita (Department of Computer Science, Himachal Pradesh University)
- Received : 2019.04.26
- Accepted : 2019.06.08
- Published : 2019.06.30
VANET (Vehicular Ad-hoc Network) is a mobile Ad-hoc Network which deals with the moving vehicles. VANET supports Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) which is related to different modes of transport and traffic management techniques. VANETs enabled users to be informed and make them safer. VANET uses IEEE 802.11p standard wireless access protocol for communication. An important and necessary issue of VANET is to design routing protocols. In a network, communication takes place by the use of the routing protocols. There are mainly two types of communications used such as Vehicle to Vehicle (V2V) and Vehicle to Infrastructure (V2I) in VANET. Vehicles can send and receive messages among them and also to and from infrastructure used. In this paper, AODV, DSR and DSDV are compared by analysing the results of simulation on various metrics such as average throughput, instant throughput, packet delivery ratio and residual energy. Findings indicates utilization of AODV and DSR is more applicable for these metrics as compared to DSDV. A network simulator (NS2) is used for simulation.
AODV (Ad hoc On-Demand Distance Vector);DSR (Dynamic Source Routing);DSDV (Destination-Sequenced Distance-Vector);NS2 (Network Simulator 2);VANET (Vehicular Ad-hoc Network)
- C. Stergiou, K. E. Psannis, A. P. Plageras, Y. Ishibashi, B.-G. Kim, "Algorithms for efficient digital media transmission over IoT and cloud networking," Journal of Multimedia Information System, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 1-10, March 2018.
- Vaesileios Memos, Kostas E. Psannis, Yutaka Ishibashi, Byung-Gyu Kim, Brij Gupta, "An Efficient Algorithm for Media-based Surveillance System (EAMSuS) in IoT Smart City Framework," Future Generation Computer Systems, Vol. 83, pp. 619-628, June 2017.
- A. P. Plageras, K. E. Psannis, C. Stergiou, H. Wang, B. B. Gupta, "Efficient IoT-based sensor BIG Data collection-processing and analysis in Smart Buildings," Future Generation Computer Systems, Vol. 82, pp. 349-357, May 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2017.09.082
- Emanuel Fonseca and Andreas Festag "A Survey of Existing Approaches for Secure Ad hoc Routine and their Applicability to VANET," NEC Network Laboratory, Vol. 28, PP 1-28, 2006.
- C. Stergiou, K. E. Psannis, B. B. Gupta "Advanced Media-based Smart Big Data on Intelligent Cloud Systems," IEEE Transaction on Sustainable Computing, in Press, 2018.
- MarwaAltayeb and ImadMahgoub "A Survey of Vehicular Ad hoc Networks Routing Protocols," International Journal of Innovation and Applied Studies, Vol. 3 No.3, 2013 PP 829-846.
- T Sri Harsha, Khaleel Ur Rahman Khan, A Venugopal Reddy, Rafi U Zaman and K. Aditya Reddy "An efficient DSDV Routing Protocol for Wireless Mobile Ad hoc Networks and Its Performance Comparison," IEEE, Vol. 4 No. 8, 2008 PP 506-511.
- S. El khediri "Survey of Syn-chronization Algorithms: Wireless Sensors Networks Case Study," in The Second International Conference on Communications and Information Technology (ICCIT), Vol.5 No.12, 2012.
- Yatendra Mohan Sharma and Saurabh Mukherjee "Comparative Performance Exploration Of AODV, DSDV & DSR Routing Protocol In Cluster Based VANET Environment," International Journal of Advances in Engineering & Technology, Vol. 4 No. 2, 2012 PP 120-127
- Prashant Kumar Maurya, Gaurav Sharma, VaishaliSahu, Ashish Roberts and Mahendra Srivastava "An Overview of AODV Routing Protocol," International Journal of Modern Engineering Research, Vol. 2 No.3, 2012 PP 728-732.
- C.Perkins "Highly Dynamic Destination-Sequenced Distance-Vector (DSDV) for Mobile Computer," InProc. of the ACM SIGCOMM, Vol. 24 No. 4, 1994 PP 234-244.