- Volume 14 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Development of School Uniform Design for the Post-digital Generation
포스트디지털 세대의 교복 디자인 개발
- Mun, Jihyun (Dept. of Clothing Science, Seoul Women's University) ;
- Na, Hyunshin (Dept. of Clothing Science, Seoul Women's University)
- Received : 2012.07.23
- Accepted : 2012.09.17
- Published : 2012.10.31
As the 21st century is the post-digital era, a mix of the hard digital and the soft analog realm, the school uniform designs for the post-digital generation need to be changed within this paradigm shift. Thus, this study is conducted with the purpose of developing the school uniform design that reflects aesthetic value and sensitivity of the post-digital generation. The definition and background of the post-digital generation is reviewed and the values of this generation are drawn based on the theoretical research. Also, through the survey of 205 high school girls in Seoul, the purchase, wear & fit, and suggestions for improvement of present school uniforms are investigated. Based on the studies above, the guidelines for designing school uniforms for the post-digital generation are established and the products are developed.
Supported by : 서울여자대학교
- Cheil Worldwide. (2005). Post-digital generation, leads warm digital world. Seoul: Author.
- Cho, E. J. (2003). Study on the school uniform design for the girls' high school with jean fabric. Unpublished master's thesis, Chungang University, Seoul.
- 'Ecstatic about the select shop'. (2012, August 15). Chosun Biz. Retrieved August 22, 2012, from http://www.chosun.co.kr
- Ha, S. J. (2007). A study on development of working clothes for railroad workers-with a focus on electric technology division. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha University, Seoul.
- Jin, C. R. (2006). Modification and fashion accessory wearing behavior according to school uniform attitudes. Unpublished master's thesis, Chonbok National University, Jeonju.
- Jung, Y. K., & Kim, K. H. (2011). Study on designing patten of skirt for high school girl student's. Society of Korea Traditional Costume, 14(1), 169-186.
- Kim, D. H. (2000). Study on fitness of middle school girl's uniform in consideration of growth rate. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyunghee University, Seoul.
- Kim, H. J., & Kwon, S. H. (2002). Study on the alternation and size, uniforms satisfaction of girls high school students' uniforms in Jeju. Korean Journal of Human Ecology, 11(4), 401-413.
- Kim, J. Y., & Lee, H. J. (2009). A study on the somatotype classification for middle-school girls' uniform. The Costume Culture Association, 17(4), 663-678.
- Kwon, Y. M. (2008). The relations between the body image distortion and uniform alteration behaviors of female high school students. Unpublished master's thesis, Chonnam National University, Gwangju.
- Lee, K. M. (2002). Study on sizing system for the school uniforms of middle-school boys. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha University, Seoul.
- Lim, H. B. (2010). Fun fashion design in the emotional consumption era. Unpublished master's thesis, Konkuk University, Seoul.
- Tapscott, D. (2008). Grown up digital-how the net generation is changing the world. New York: McGraw-Hill. (Original work published 1999)
- Yoon, H. J., & Cho, K, H. (2002). Study on high school girls' uniform designs in korea. Journal of Fashion Business, 6(5), 27-40.